Thursday 28 April 2011

We Can Still Go Fourth

                                    Yeah, I couldn't find the actual PMA advert. It's lost in time...


Well it would seem that I have assumed the role of the trousers-round-the-ankles, tea cosy hat wearing, casio keyboard playing in the high street, mentally deranged hobo, in my backing of the Totters to dramatically clinch fourth place, starting with a win at Stamford Bridge. A pox on 6th place, I’m not giving up hope that this will still be a season to remember, despite the bombardment of logic. No no, I’m fine, honestly. I’ll be on the cross if anyone wants me.

Another away trip to a ‘top 4’ ground where we haven’t won since the old King died; Ho-hum, groan groan, or the beginnings of a truly Tottenham-inspired script? They’ve picked up 22 from the last 24 Premier points, while we’ve not won away since our trip to a woefully out-of-form Sunderland. Sounds like it’s about time they lost a game of footers to me. Oliver Stone’s attached to direct.

Tongue out of cheek for a moment, we are obviously not favourites, but we’ve still got a decent shout. Is a win at chelski, and a spammers win up at citeh, really that out of the question? If you can accept that, no, it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility, then we might actually be back in the driving seat by the time I get a chance to sit down in front of this wordey flicker box again. Lamenting the failings of our troops, and looking at the increasingly extraordinary attitude of Harry Redknapp in the face of reasonable criticism can wait until the end of the season. For now, we’ve got games to win, and a PMA from the supporters wouldn’t go amiss.

Team news? Benny’s twisted giblet looked a bit painful, so it’ll probably be Bassong at LB, while I’m sure Crouch will be deployed alongside VdV. The only one I have any sort of burning desire to see is Sandro, who has been excellent every time (apart from Bolton away, obviously) he’s pulled on a Tottenham shirt, and I’d be willing to wager will be there with Modric and Kyle Walker as the first names on our team sheet for next season.

Don’t see any point in talking about their lot and who they will or will not have up front. They’re in the way of us and 3 points, so let’s get our heads down and set about breaking through, and help me hoik those kecks of mine just a little bit higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment